When I started worked for The Meadow more than a year ago (I don't work there anymore), one of my favorite daily duties was to make "posies", little tiny mini bouquets. Once I started RUE back in November, Adored Vintage offered to have me sell some flowers at her booth over at Grand Marketplace, an antique mall here in Portland, Oregon. Because of the nature of an antique mall, I knew it would be extremely difficult to stock fresh blooms since we aren't there all the time and the lack of facilities, so I decided to use dried flowers to make Forever Bouquets and Posies. I also loved the idea of making posies out of dried flowers, I felt like they were the perfect little gift.
I meant to write this post before the holidays, but never got around to it. So, in the spirit of the saying "Better late than never", here is a post on five people to gift a RUE ANAFEL posie!
1. Yourself! Who better to treat than oneself? I love buying myself flowers, it's an fast and easy way to brighten up a day.
2. Your lady friend. And I don't mean this in a romantic way. I mean that lady in your life that you love and know needs a little more sunshine to their day. Your boss, your co-worker, one of your gal pals, you know! We all have one.
3. A stranger. One of my favorite people to gift flowers to are strangers. After my Valentine's Day pop-up at Orn Hansen, I had some flowers leftover, so I walked around a few of the busy streets in Portland and gave away single roses (they weren't just any rose, they were David Austin Constance garden roses! The rose in this picture). It was amazing how each person's face instantly lightened up.
4. Your pen pal. I recently mailed a posie to my friend, Malinda. It was scary, I was hoping it wouldn't fall apart, but it got to her safely. I always want to send my family and friends out of state flowers, but fresh blooms are just unreliable. Dried blooms will look the same as it did from when I sent it.
5. Your love. Last but not least. I love when my partner, Kyle, gives me little gifts out of nowhere. And, I mean little literally! He gifts me tiny things all the time, be it a tiny bottle, mini color pencils, or flowers. I think it's so sweet and such a kind gesture.